Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Asura

So, Areanet just came out with some videos and articles detailing the personality, architecture, and world view of the Asura.

Initially, I had thought that they would just be that small, cute dumbass race that either the younger kids would want to play, or just a bid to get girls interested in the character models.

Praise the Gods and sacrifice a bull, I am wrong.

The Asura are a race of insane, arrogant little goblin-like tinkers (no song, though) that believe they will conquer the surface with their technology and understanding of magic.

Considering that Areanet made the Sylvari actually interesting, as opposed to just another elf knockoff, Guild Wars 2 is really shaping up to take the MMO market by storm when it gets released, and it will be free to play, which is huge in my book.

I have been busy this week, but I think I will write something on Egwene this week, considering that I'm at the part in Lord of Chaos where she gets raised to the Amyrlin Seat, and I want to reflect on how she changes through the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment