Thursday, July 12, 2012

Class Design: The Runepriest

Honestly, I love this class so much that I don't think it should be changed at all.  Take the Cleric for greater healing, take a Runepriest for buffs and status effects.  Probably the most fun I've had is having a Dwarf Runepriest two-hand a Warhammer with the Dwarven Weapon Training feat.  +3 damage before any ability modifiers, coupled with his buffs and status effects, and that's a pretty stalwart front-line priest.  :D

While I haven't written much here, I'm going to throw out a few concepts that I've been working on to apply to the Wizard.

First, schools of magic need to come back.  Second, speciality needs to come back.  Further, I think that a wizard who specializes should get a bonus encounter spell, while giving up two other schools.  Unfortunately, this will require writing every single spell into one of the schools, and coming up with a bunch of new ones to make that sacrifice worth something. :/

Also, familiars should come back.  I think that scribing scrolls can work, but how to do so will be problematic, given how many spells are available to a wizard from 1st level.


No comments:

Post a Comment