Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Updates




Yesterday was my first real reintroduction into 40k after my summer hiatus, and gradual decline in desire to play. A more full write up will appear on Rites of Battle, both from the TO, and from myself. I took second place with my Space Marines, and was only 5 points behind the person that won. What was most interesting is that an Ork player took first place, and I cannot help but think that it was due to his generalship more than anything.

Last time I wrote, I was going on about how the correlation between the White Tower and its ease of access through waterways and whatnot keep its influence constant. What I wonder after this is this: does the fact that the Aes Sedai have so much power directly affect gender roles? I'm going to sit for a while on this one, because you have places like Ebou Dar, which is out of the way for Aes Sedai, yet women take command, but the places I would like to read about, Arad Domon and Falme, are further in the story for any decent analysis to be done, and Falme's already been contaminated by the Seanchan invasion.

BUT, just to have something to assert and motivate me, I am going to say that generally in Randland there is an overall equality between the genders, whether it be through the One Power, or the fact that Goodwives in the Two Rivers have complete control over the house, while the men spend their days farming and hunting. For other places, the ones that are already invaded or torn apart by Dragonsworn, I will have to look outside the normal series to find information on.

Oh, and I'm hoping to get ahold of the 3.5 D&D rendition of the Wheel of Time RPG. Honestly, it looks pretty damn good with how it approaches characters, roleplaying, the world, and the One Power.

I think I'll talk about Shienar soon. At least I can come up with material for that crazy place. :D

Quad-autocannon Dreadnoughts are awesome! Ishamael

No comments:

Post a Comment