Thursday, July 5, 2012

Finesse Weapons

I hate the Weapon Finesse feat.  Your character gets only ONE feat at first level, and if your character concept is a rogue or some kind of DEX-based person without a high STR, then you have a stupid disadvantage to hitting enemies just because weapons to-hit and damage rolls use Strength.  With that in mind, as well as the stereotypes associated with such weapons, I thought of a list of certain weapons that could be considered "finesse," allowing one to use either STR or DEX at least on the to-hit roll.

So far, I've considered that the dagger, quarterstaff, one-handed spear, and rapier should be considered finesse weapons.  Also, I think it would be neat if every character could take the Weapon Finesse feat anyway, just then it would apply to all weapons.

I think this primarily helps those classes who may just want to use a weapon so they can use their DEX mod to help with fighting.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment